Well, we've listened to a lot of music. Time well spent? Think so...
Here's a playlist of some decent tracks which have seen the light of day in 2011, courtesy of our favourite music streaming service. It's in no way authoritative, being largely dependent on hastily scribbled post-it notes after 6Music--usually Gideon Coe--has make my ears prick up with something.
And these, in rough order, are my top 20 albums of the year, chosen with slightly more consideration:
- Fleet Foxes – Helplessness Blues
- High Llamas – Talahomi Way
- Hong Kong in the 60s – My Fantoms
- Kate Bush – 50 Words for Snow
- Cornershop – Cornershop and the Double “O” Groove
- Leisure Society – Into The Murky Water
- King Creosote and Jon Hopkins – Diamond Mine
- Laura Marling – A Creature I Don’t Know
- Nick Lowe – The Old Magic
- Hollie Cook – Hollie Cook
- Low – C’Mon
- SBTRKT – SBTRKT
- Elbow – Build a Rocket Boys!
- Silver Seas – Chateau Revenge
- Modular - Sinfonias Para Terricolas
- Cecil Sharp Project – Cecil Sharp Project
- Gruff Rhys – Hotel Shampoo
- James Blake – James Blake
- The Unthanks – Last
- Jonny – Jonny
P.S. The High Llamas record is excluded from my playlist but you can buy it (shock horror) here.