What we learned tonight:
- There is at least one band out there whose lead instrument is the double bass.
- ...played by a bloke who thinks he looks like Frank Lampard, but in fact looks like Phil Collins.
- Kings College student bar has a fantastic view (I'm not the only one who thinks this) from Tower Bridge to the Palace of Westminster. Wow.
- Red Snapper is mainly a blokes thing. (About 90% of those present tonight are men.)
- Their music spans many genres: "elements of jazz, funk, jungle, trip-hop, hip-hop and breakbeat, as well as references to early psychedelic and progressive rock". Their myspace category (never very helpful) is "experimental". See what you think.
- Whatever. Some of it you can have a right good dance to.
- There's a more detailed write-up of the gig--with some photos--on the eGigs.co.uk site, by someone else who liked the view of the river...