Tuesday, July 17, 2007

cool for cats

Guilfest, 14th July 2007

Now that WOMAD has moved from twenty minutes' walk from my B&B haven in Reading to some far-flung country park, I have to make do with a day at Guilfest for my annual festival fix. Amazingly, in the middle of a rain-drenched summer, it was sunny all day.

My highlights:
- Squeeze (first appearance together since 1999 and now off to tour the States): Superb. So many great songs. Shame GT's voice was giving him jip.
- Morcheeba: the red sunset and rainbow with no rain!
- Judie Tzuke singing along to a Morcheeba number. I was back in 1982.
- Rory McLeod: I thought old school left-wing protest singers had died out, and check out that 80s hairstyle!
- Jimmy Cliff: he's got loads of hits, and a groovy orange boiler suit...

No comments: