The members of the "Best Albums of 2006" Jury have finally completed their deliberations:
1. Arctic Monkeys: Whatever people say I am...
- I've already waxed lyrical about this. As far as I can see (hear), the longer the year has gone on, the more pale imitations have come to light (step forward Jamie T, Fratellis...)
2. Guillemots: Through the window pane. Ditto re waxing lyrical.
3. Cerys Matthews: Never Said Goodbye.
4. Editors: The Back Room. Released in 2005 but made the Mercury shortlist in 2006. Shades of the Chameleons?
5. Donald Fagen: Morph the Cat. Usual highly-polished Steely Dan fare.
6. Scritti Politti "White bread and black beer". Listened to this a few times but still getting the hang of it.