Tuesday, February 27, 2007

african dance

Splashed out on a new pc the other day so last night I thought I'd put my new CD burner to the test. Rooting through the African music in my CD collection, I put together a compilation of some of my favourite tracks:

1. Tony Allen: Isenla (from "Lagos No Shaking")
2. Letta Mbulu: Mahlalela (from "Hugh Masekela presents the Chisa Years")
3. Manu Dibango: Sun Explosion (from the "Very Best Of")
4. Femi Kuti: Truth Don Die
5. Femi Kuti feat. Jaguar Wright (both from the "Best Of")
6. Emmanuel Jal & Abdel Gadir Salim: Baai (from "Ceasefire")
7. Four Brothers: Vimabyi
8. Four Brothers: Rudo Imoto (both from the "Best Of")
9. Mahlathini and the Mahotella Queens: Nyamphemphe (from the "Best Of")
10. Letta Mbulu: Macongo (from "Hugh Masekela presents the Chisa Years")
11. Tony Allen: Kilode
12. Tony Allen: Moyeye (both from "Lagos No Shaking")
13. Toumani Diabate's Symmetric Orchestra: Single (from "Boulevard de l'Independence")

Next week: I buy an iPod...

No comments: